WCF is a United Methodist congregation that comprised of risk-taking former members of two local churches that recently closed and of people from the local neighborhood. As a new church, WCF has a bold mission to be a diverse and inclusive congregation, embodying the fullness of God’s on-going creativity, healing, and social justice. Located on Woodlawn Road, halfway between Park Road Shopping Center and South Boulevard, WCF is planning a total redevelopment of its campus to be home for a unique ministry.
Woodlawn Community Fellowship (WCF) is seeking a music director. The music program is a cornerstone of the WCF worship experience and life together, by offering a variety of styles and genres, encouraging participation, and expanding our connection to the community at large. We highly value good performance, but joy and positive energy are essential. The music director will be a core staff member, working closely with the pastor in planning worship experiences, with the worship committee in setting the atmosphere for worship, and with the neighborhood witness team.
The music director will be expected to:
• Direct, train, and rehearse our vocal choir weekly
• Direct, train, and rehearse our handbell choir monthly
• Accompany and lead regular Sunday worship with congregational singing
• Accompany and plan music for special seasonal services
• Be available or coordinate music for funerals and weddings
• Help plan new weekly worship experiences
A music degree is expected, though not required. The position is currently part-time with the salary between $15,000 and $20,000.
Send a resume and cover letter to: